About The Position
The Assistant Project Manager (APM) plays a fundamental role in the success of the division and overall company business through demonstration of excellence assisting the Project Manager and the business owners with all aspects of projects and opportunities. The APM serves as the lead liaison in office and onsite, between the Project Manager/business owner and the trade contractors, clients, suppliers, and other groups/individuals associated with the projects.
The APM excels through the demonstration of extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as excellence in written and verbal communication. Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling, and reporting software tools. Effective communication with management, trade contractors, clients, and peer staff is a key component to the success of this position. The company will rely upon these traits as key contributions to the mission of offering a superior class of services in our established niche markets. This is a growth career position.
The APM will provide complete support to the PM, in all aspects of project and construction administration. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling and following up with subcontractors for walk-throughs, obtaining information, and formatting for use.
- Requesting pricing and details related to scope and project needs
- Acquisition and distribution of plans needed for the successful flow of information
- Preparation and distribution of meeting minutes, correspondence
- Job/project photography and the proper cataloging and inclusion in the meeting minutes,
- Tracking project information, quotes, and invoices, researching as per the needs of the products or subcontractors needed for the project
- Suggesting, sourcing, and tracking materials, products, and trade partners
- Applying for and tracking permits
- Following up on trade contracts and insurance, organizing and tracking contracts for each project
- Preparation of presentations through the use of established systems and tools and provide ideas for enhancing the final proposal process by development of new materials and methods.
- Assisting with budget analysis and scheduling.
- Assisting with the efficiency of the office operations, including but not limited to, phones, printers/plotters, office supplies, postage meters, etc.
The APM will become proficient on all company endorsed computer programs and platforms for operation.
- Expected to develop and maintain mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expected to have a strong understanding of Windows-based computing and common mobile devices.
- *Prefered* Trained in and expected to have a basic working knowledge of FastTrack scheduling software.
- *Prefered* Trained to operate BuilderTrend software.
- *Prefered* Trained to operate Sage Timberline accounting and cost-management software as needed to support data mining and other position needs.
About The Company
Delbert Adams Construction Group (DACG) is a Baltimore-based, nationally and regionally awarded, high-end custom home builder and remodeler. Our team of construction and design professionals is committed to providing exquisite quality, unparalleled attention to detail, and the highest level of customer service on every project.
Our work ranges from the renovations and remodels of kitchens, baths, and other areas of the home, to the building of innovative new custom homes. In addition, we provide scheduled home and property maintenance. We remain on the cutting edge of industry knowledge and strive to deliver the best possible product within the budget and timeframe through our established project management and construction processes.
Delbert Adams Construction Group offers a competitive salary, has great medical and dental benefits, offers paid vacation and a matching 401K plan.