About The Position
The Project Manager (“PM”) is responsible for the profitable and timely execution of construction projects. The PM is expected to manage multiple concurrent projects at various stages of completion and to demonstrate high-level capability within the critical management disciplines including but not limited to: financial management, schedule management, communications, documentation, purchasing, and quality control. This is a full-time position for a career-oriented person.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an environment of excellence in communication. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Effectively and accurately communicate project scheduling information on a timely basis.
- Have a full mastery of the scope of each project, and create an environment of scope clarity with the client from commencement through completion.
- Navigate scope changes and proactively, and timely, manage the client’s understanding of the contract changes associated.
- Maintain a regular, visible presence on each project
- Be available and responsive in the event of an emergency on an assigned project outside of normal business hours.
- Demonstrate expert-level abilities in the following categories:
- Technical knowledge of construction methods, materials, and local and national building codes.
- Construction drawings and terminology.
- Innovations in the construction industry.
- Possess the capability to express technical and practical information to clients, design professionals, and field personnel.
- Demonstrate strategic skills necessary to improve project performance with respect to schedule, profitability, resourcing, and other functions.
- Maintain excellent organization of all files and project records and conform to company filing and recordkeeping procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and current project schedule, through use of company software, and utilize the schedule throughout the project.
Budget Management, Cost Control & Accounting
- Demonstrate a strategic skill to improve the financial performance of assigned projects through:
- Maintaining a complete, detailed understanding of each project budget.
- Creatively resourcing labor and materials.
- Savvy assignment of trade contractors and labor scopes.
- Competitive pricing.
- Timely planning.
- Maintain an accurate and current Budget Analysis Report and report on the financial condition of the project monthly in internal meetings.
- Approve and code all vendor invoices upon completion of the scope of work by use of company software and procedures.
- Oversee field personnel assigned to each project including, as dictated by project requirements: job site supervisors, carpenters, and other labor resources.
- Planning, resourcing, and scheduling all labor necessary to execute the project. This responsibility includes but is not limited to:
- Assure proper communication of information to the field team as needed to execute the project, including but not limited to:
- Assure accuracy and consistency of formal Daily Field Reports for all active projects and file on a weekly basis.
Trade Contractor Management:
- Responsible for contract buyout of subcontract agreements including detailing of trade scopes, negotiation, and schedule compliance.
- Negotiate, assign and manage subcontractor change orders as needed and associated with new or existing client change orders as applicable.
Material Management: The PM is responsible for understanding the material requirements of the projects thoroughly and communicating these requirements effectively to the field team, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Proficiency with standard company software and technology such as The Microsoft Suite, BuilderTrend, and Timberline.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and pleasant demeanor through all work conducted regardless of the time of day or tasks performed while interfacing with clients, trade associates, vendors, and company personnel.
- Consistently punctual and prepared for all appointments
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and professionalism while interfacing with all team members, both within the company organization, and within the trade network.
About The Company
Delbert Adams Construction Group (DACG) is a Baltimore-based, nationally and regionally awarded, high-end custom home builder and remodeler. Our team of construction and design professionals is committed to providing exquisite quality, unparalleled attention to detail, and the highest level of customer service on every project.
Our work ranges from the renovations and remodels of kitchens, baths, and other areas of the home, to the building of innovative new custom homes. In addition, we provide scheduled home and property maintenance. We remain on the cutting edge of industry knowledge and strive to deliver the best possible product within the budget and timeframe through our established project management and construction processes.
Delbert Adams Construction Group offers a competitive salary, has great medical and dental benefits, offers paid vacation and a matching 401K plan.